Welcome to the Not So Berry Legacy Challenge, a ten generation legacy with a focus on bright colors and new experiences.
Not So Berry Challenge Basic Rules
- Each heir must represent the color of the generation (i.e. hair, makeup, clothing), but brightly colored skin is not necessary (these aren’t actually berry Sims, that’s the joke). Of course, this is optional but a big portion of the fun.
- The colors of the spouses don’t matter as they aren’t part of the challenge. Unless otherwise stated you can do whatever you please with them.
- Money cheats can be used, but not excessively. Suggestion: use freerealestate for your first home, but no cheats afterward.
- You may live wherever you please unless something is specified in the rules of a generation.
- Every generation is supposed to complete both the career and aspiration of the heir unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- Keep the lifespan on normal.
- If you play this challenge and want to share it with us, go ahead and post with #notsoberry so we can see!
Generation One: Mint
You’re a mischievous scientist that really loves the color mint. You’re career driven but still make time for silly pranks and outings with your closest friends. You love luxury and want the best for yourself and your family.
Traits: Vegetarian, Jealous, Materialistic
Aspiration: Chief of Mischief
- Master scientist career and complete Chief of Mischief aspiration
- Master mischief and logic skills
- Complete elements collection
Generation Two: Rose
You had everything you desired as a child but you were always longing for more. As an adult you have a hard time committing to relationships as you’re so focused on your career. If we had a workaholic trait in The Sims 4 you would have it. You have absolutely no maternal instincts whatsoever but you still love your child with all your heart.
Traits: Hot Headed, Snob, Romantic
Aspiration: Serial Romantic
- Have only one child
- Master the politician career and complete Serial Romantic aspiration
- Master charisma skill
- Leave someone at the alter (an interaction available during a wedding)
- Get married for the first time as an elder
Generation Three: Yellow
Growing up you never had a close relationship with your mother and spent the majority of your time alone in your room obsessing over space. You just really love space. You’ll do whatever it takes to get to Sixam no matter the cost.
Traits: Clumsy, Ambitious, Loner
Aspiration: Nerd Brain
- Master rocket science and handiness skill
- Master astronaut career and complete Nerd Brain aspiration
- Must build a rocket ship and visit Sixam
- Enter the secret lot in Oasis Springs (requiring max handiness)
- Never have any close friends or relationships other than grandparent from Generation 1 until the grandparent dies
Generation Four: Grey
You always felt that you were different. While the rest of your family was busy messing around in the lab, you just wanted to be outside playing basketball. You’re very good at sports and you dream of becoming a professional athlete. To make up for your nonexistent relationship with your parents you want to be there for your own children as much as possible. Oh, and you love to sing.
Traits: Active, Slob, Music Lover
- Master singing, parenting, and athletic skills
- Master athlete career and complete Bodybuilder aspiration
- Have three failed relationships before finding spouse, marry a neat Sim
- Be good friends with all of your children
- Have family movie night with your spouse and children every Sunday
Generation Five: Plum
You’ve always been good at anything you tried. It’s hard to choose a career, so why not try a few? You work as a doctor for much of your life, but as an adult realize that your true dream is to become a professional dancer. You quit your job and join the entertainer career. Basically: you’re an indecisive oddball.
Traits: Genius, Noncommittal, Dance Machine
Aspiration: Renaissance Sim
Career: Fast Food, Doctor, Entertainer
- Master dance and two other skills of your choosing, achieve at least level eight in six skills
- Complete Renaissance Sim aspiration
- Get divorced and then later remarried to the same Sim
- Must live in at least three different worlds over the course of your life
Generation Six: Orange
You’re the black sheep of your family (but with orange hair) and you were raised in a hectic household. You’ve always wanted to cause mayhem, but you’re just really bad at being evil. You enjoy breaking into your neighbors’ houses and eating their food. You really love baking and spend the majority of your spare time eating sweets.
Traits: Evil, Self-Assured, Glutton
Aspiration: Public Enemy
- Master baking and charisma skills
- Master criminal career and complete Public Enemy aspiration
- Must live in a ‘needs TLC’ apartment for entire young adult life
- Have twins, but only those two children (you may cheat for this)
- Insist on being evil (claim to be criminal mastermind) but nobody believes you, not even your own children
Generation Seven: Pink
You grew up poor and are living paycheck to paycheck working in the business career just as your parents did. You long to write romance novels but are too afraid to quit your steady job to follow your dreams. You’re very practical and you know the chances of making it as a writer are slim, so you stay working at your nine to five. As an adult you finally decide to pursue your dreams. You’re a hopeless romantic, but your unflirty nature makes it nearly impossible to find love.
Traits: Neat, Unflirty, Creative
Aspiration: Best Selling Author
- Complete postcard collection
- Master writing and wellness skills
- Complete Best Selling Author aspiration
- Have a well-maintained garden
- Quit day job as an adult to pursue dreams (mid-life crisis much?)
Generation Eight: Peach
Your mother always taught her to follow her dreams. You’ve always wanted to be a detective. You’ve always wanted to be a comedian. Well dang it, you can do both! Detective by day, comedian by night, you can do anything you set your mind to.
Traits: Foodie, Lazy, Goofball
Aspiration: Joke Star
Not So Berry Challenge Rules:
- Marry a co-worker
- Must play an instrument
- Master gourmet cooking and comedy skills
- Master detective career
- Must live in a different world than the one he/she was raised
Generation Nine: Green
You were caught hacking by a major tech company that then offered you a position in their firm. You know Penelope Garcia from Criminal Minds? That’s you. You’re dedicated to your work, but that doesn’t stop you from going out and having a good time. You’re the kind of person that will be at a party at 3am and then at work at 6am.
Traits: Squeamish, Geek, Cheerful
Aspiration: Computer Whiz
Career: Tech Guru
Not So Berry Challenge Rules:
- Master mixology, video gaming, and programming skills
- Master tech guru career and complete Computer Whiz aspiration
- Must accept every invitation to parties/outings with your friends
- Have at least five good friends and five enemies
Generation Ten: Blue
You have the perfect life. White picket fence, loving spouse, beautiful children. But why do you still want more? You have a one time secret affair and will regret it for the rest of your life. Afterward you pour your soul into raising your children and fixing your marriage. You never admit the affair to anyone and dedicate your life to being the perfect mother.
Traits: Gloomy, Perfectionist, Family Oriented
Aspiration: Super Parent
Not So Berry Challenge Rules:
- Adopt at least one child
- Master the photography, cooking, and parenting skills
- Master critic career and complete Super Parent aspiration
- Must marry high school sweetheart and stay with them until you die
- Have a one time secret affair
Jump to: all challenges