The Sims™ 4 Bust the Dust Kit Pack
Dust off the vacuum and tidy up in The Sims™ 4 Bust the Dust Kit! Dust is piling up and spawning friendly bunnies and dastardly filth fiends in Sims’ homes. Get rid of the muck by cleaning, or settle in for a messy life. Conquer chores with new buffs and rewards for each dust level, vacuums to help fight the good fight, and aspirations related to cleanliness.
Suck It Up – Find full-size and handheld vacuums in Build Mode for your fight against the encroaching dust. Make your Sim’s chores easier—and more fun! Even kids can help out.
Clean Up Your Act – Explore two new aspirations! Perfectly Pristine Sims won’t let a single speck of dirt remain, while Fabulously Filthy Sims revel in allowing grime to thrive.
The welcome Main Menu screen, after purchasing The Sims 4 Bust The Dust Kit confirms that this Kit will also come with 2 brand new aspirations related to cleanliness – Perfectly Pristine and Fabulously Filthy.
Modders @turbodriver and @lowpolypancake were able to uncover more about how the whole new dust system will work in the game. Here are some interesting facts that’s been found in the game code:
- Dust will be able to accumulate both on the ground and objects.
- There are different “heights” that Sims will be able to reach in order to vacuum certain areas.
- There are going to be dust piles accumulating.
- A whole new “dust bunny” critter will spawn – there’s no information how they’re going to interact though.
- There are 2 types of Vacuum Cleaners: Handheld and Upright (as seen in the promotional material)
Lots of code for dust and vacuum cleaners was added in the most recent patch but all of it is pointing to be part of a future stuff pack. Actual vacuum cleaners, dust on the floor, dust piles, dust on objects, and magical dust fiends and friends.
If disabled, dust-related effects will no longer be present on played households.
New icon of a Dust Bunny